Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Beginning

And it came to pass that there was much activity in the garage of Gary. Sawdust flying, saws a turning, blades a cuttin', and all around mass hysteria. In the land of the garage Chad and Gary ventured out into the vast unknown of cutting the three woody wagons.

In preparation for the said cutting we thought a chest bump would be in order. (Just Kidding Dad's not into that.) In the true nature of my our father, friend, and countryman we went right to work. He is pretty much just above a slave driver. (I love you dad!)

Now that we have gotten past all the fluff. We really just cut up a bunch of wood. (We fluffed it up because there really isn't much excitement in cutting.) Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:


This is a picture of the building blocks of the doors, quarter panel, and tail gate. It is basically the meat that holds it all together.


The blocks in the background are the beginnings of the wood radius that go around the fenders. Sometime in this blog we will show how these little blocks of wood transform into the most difficult part of this project. I thought I would throw in a before shot as a teaser.

1 comment:

  1. This is Jim...I am the crazy guy that thinks he can figure out how to assemble the "kits". I liked the thought of the "chest bump" to start the project. My son would say I could not get off the ground for it either! youngters! :-)

    ReplyDelete