Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Back Story...

First and foremost this was inspired by a previous project. The back story can be found in the blog "Woodie's World" under our blog list. Please check out this blog to see the inspiration for this current project.

Last summer my family and I along with my parents ventured up to the Glen Clayton Family Reunion to enjoy some good old Boise weather. We really enjoyed the trip...


...and ended up coming away with a crazy idea. My grandfather made a big mistake in letting me and my family drive his coveted 1929 Traveler. Which was the inspiration for Woodies World.


After driving many hours all over the Boise valley I like my grandfather fell madly in love with the classic Model A. Upon our returning from our said trip I told my Grandpa that we needed to build another Traveler. After much conversation, many long hours of research. a little stress, and a whole lot of fun we find ourselves building a 1929 Woody Station Wagon.



As my grandfather is excellent at metal work and assembly of anything Model A he will be assembling all of the metal pieces in Boise and graciously bringing it down to us in Tucson. Upon arrival my father and I will build and assemble all of the wood pieces. Along with making two kit cars for a gentleman in Grandpa's Model A Club.

The 1929 Woody Wagon was the first of it's kind for Ford. Although if you talk to the few who own a 1928 Woody Wagon they may argue with you. But for our purposes this was the start of a long Woody Wagon run for Ford and many other American car companies.

I hope this is something enjoyable for all those who read and informational also.

The Culprits:



The Fabricator / Muscles




The Crazy Son / Instigator


The Engineer / Brains

No comments:

Post a Comment