Monday, May 14, 2012

Fender it's more than a Guitar

First I must apologize to all three of my loyal followers.. it has been awhile since I have blogged. With finishing school and working diligently on the car it has just been overwhelming, but we are back.

The fenders that we have were not necessarily the same ones as the Station Wagon. Probably very similar but not exactly original. Of course when the price is right you buy them. When you get great deals often it comes with some issues. Our poor fenders were wider in one area by two inches. Now I understand that two inches is a small amount and in most areas of the fender it wouldn't make a difference so it was decision time. We either had to manipulate the fender or cut large chunks out of our floor. Since my Dad and I had put so much effort into our floor and it looked so darn good we decided to hack away at the fender.

This was not an easy task. We borrowed a welder from a very gracious brother in law. The welder was too hot and pretty much blew through the metal. So after some long hours of working at it and building and manipulating it we made it the right size. I know a few of you car guys out there may cringe but we had to resort to Bondo. I have to say I make take up a job in bodywork.

I know that I have shown you a picture of the fenders mounted but now they are permanently attached to the car. Here is a few fun pictures to enjoy...










1 comment: