Thursday, May 17, 2012

How Firm a Foundation

Anyone who has ever built anything you know the foundation is hard work and it takes time. The floor on the Station Wagon was no exception. Many long man hours went into making this floor as beautiful as it is. But with a little happiness the floor is finished!

Once you get the main structure put together the rest is just putting decking on. Of course like everything else the floor is also black. I'm told that original was tar since this is a messy nor a very fun process we resorting to flat black paint. Although some research has shown that something similar and pretty close is a cement sealer. After talking with a few people it seemed that the best bet was to just paint it black.





Some of you will notice that our leaf spring is just hanging out there. This needs to be put in and then the floor goes around it. But this little piece is very difficult to find. We have found one but I would have to sell my kidney in order to get it. We also found a company that we think has it but they are waiting for the manufacturer to make some. The only one you can really find is the one for the Tudor Sedans which is squared off and I need one that is rounded. I will enclose a picture so if anyone wants to help me find one it would be greatly appreciated. If you do find one I am willing to add you to the list of people who get a ride (this is how I have been able to get help from many different people and it really works).



 It sure is nice to finally have the floor finished.

2 comments:

  1. way to go guys! thanks for th pictures - - I spend a lot of time pouring over them looking at the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on Chad-you only need one kidney to survive!! The progress is exciting!!

    ReplyDelete