Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If You build IT They Will Come!

And who might you ask came? My Grandfather and a friend of his name Jim (the man we are building the kits for). They were kind enough to bring the car down to us. I will add at this point that one of the neat things about my car (it is sure nice saying that...may car) is that the engine and thew frame were meant to be together. Which when you build it the way we are building it that is near impossible to accomplish. Thanks to another one of my Grandfather's friend Elvin he helped to acquire all of this along with my Grandfather to make it all happen. Both were instrumental it in getting it done quickly too. Enjoy the picture...



Our main task for that weekend was to try and get the floor set. The problem is that we had some to gain reference points from the car which turned out to be a harder task than we thought. There are two pieces that go up under the cowl that we had to cut down and manipulate to fit. The first side took several hours to get set. The second side Jim and I put in in about 5 minutes. after that we continued to set pieces that we could get the fenders also set. Although that only took a few sentences to explain what we did, this process took us basically two days.






The fender aprons or whatever they are called are not the originals and will have to be modified and manipulated to fit our station wagon. Grandpa and Jim worked on the beginning stages of it. Might I add they did a great job! And my Dad and I will come up with a way to fit the rest of it together. At this point you can add another 2 bags of sawdust.

I would like to personally thank all of those who put forth lots of time and effort into getting the car to this point. It has been a lot of fun and it wouldn't be as nearly as fun if it wasn't for the great family and friends. I am indeed grateful to my Grandfather to showing and letting me share in his hobby and for my Mom and Dad for putting in many long hours in running with their sons crazy ideas.

1 comment:

  1. And a wonderful wife and two beautiful little girls who patiently endure your crazy ideas! It is looking goog!

    ReplyDelete