Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dad's Progression

Unfortunately my time has been seriously occupied with school. So my Dad has primarily worked on everything in this blog post. He has been working on cutting the tenon joints for all of the doors. When he made the Traveler he rigged up some elaborate concoction that only Engineers would understand. This time because he had to make so many cuts he decided to buy a machine that would help him out. 

He loves his new machine, just FYI.

So although this made the process easier, it still took some time to get it all set up with the right depths and cuts. It took him a few days but this is what he produced...






Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasures. I would like to be able to explain what part of the car these go to but I really only know where the middle one goes. The middle picture is the bottom piece of the front doors. The way that you know this is that the bottom of the doors have the trim curve on it. Which you can see right above my thumb. I guess I did have a part in this process because I did cut the trim. And made another bag of sawdust.

So our progress is moving along nicely. Still not sure when this will all be finished, but the best part is that it is starting to look like pieces of a car. And pretty much anyone can say "oh that's to this" or "oh that's to that."

1 comment: