Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Anyone for Tailgating?

I'm really excited because now I can finally really tailgate! I guess maybe not quite yet. I guess you newed the car too not just the tailgate? For all you followers out there this is our first piece that is completely put together. I thought I would show this one in a little bit of a progression. So there will be lots of pictures for those who like pictures. And if you don't like pictures just wait for the next post.


Sometimes my dad is just too fast. So this is the first picture we have of any of the tailgate.



Because of the way the trim goes on it has to be done in pieces. One at a time. The two little pieces off to the left hand side of the trim are there for spacing and are not really a part of the trim.This just helps to keep it straight and hold it where I wanted it.



And the next step...



And the next...



And Boom Baby! This is what the tailgate looks like with all of the wood done! There are three metal straps that go vertically on the posts and also angle iron that goes on the top and the bottom. Which I will post pictures of in the future. And you can add 2 more bags of sawdust to your total.

3 comments:

  1. THis makes me giddy!!! I love the look of the tailgate!! Dad is so talented!! You guys are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done...did you attach the cross pieces or just lay them in place for the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they are really attached. Well the first picture is a setup and the last one is just before I glued it. But by the time you read it the tailgate was done.

      Delete